My name is Danika — here's a little bit about who I am + how I photograph love stories.
In my own life when I think about my favourite photos, it’s the ones that feel nostalgic. My favourites are the ones where I’m surrounded by the people I love, in the places I love, doing the things I love, or where I’m making new memories with the people I love. It’s in those photographs where the nostalgia hits and that's what I want for you too, because photos that let you remember what it felt like are just the best!!
I photograph weddings, couples, and families in Kelowna, Penticton, and all over the Okanagan and really anywhere else you want to take me! I really love creating art + documenting stories that fill your own personal history book. I feel incredibly lucky to be a part of your wedding day, or documenting your family, so thank you for being here and checking out my work and what kind of shenanigans I'm in to. I can't wait to hear from you (:
3. unpredictable, makes me laugh. but sometimes she copies my jokes. like what the heck
5. odd, in a good way
6. only calm and collected when in an important situation
7. when happy, like a plant flailing in the wind
9. has really good vibes
10. intentional vibes
11. has soft heart and is caring
12. is an achiever
13. she a hard worker and makes big efforts for her goals. I respect business woman!
1. long boarding downtown to hang with friends or to go to my fav restaurants (mad mango, momo sushi, latin fiesta, dosa crepe cafe, mi amore gelato, yummmmy)
2. at a cafe having a work date with my work wives/bffs
3. bouldering at Gneiss or climbing outside on real rock! (also eating snacks and drinking sparkling water while everyone else climbs)
4. shooting 35mm film everywhere
5. in my kitchen cooking + eating plant based foods
6. playing hide & seek in my tiny apartment when Pierre gets home
7. at the lake in a floatie
8. watching youtube, but only on 1.75 speed
9. at the thrift store
10. on my couch being cozy, maybe watching Newsies (the musical, not a news channel)
11. on my balcony shouting at no one in particular “there’s a double rainbow!!!”
12. on facebook scrolling marketplace for my next score
13. in Danae’s living room (on the massive sectional that I scored on marketplace)
14. being passenger in Pierre’s truck, either off roading or enroute to a new camping spot
15. at the grocery store because grocery shopping is fun for me
If you're interested in my photography to document your wedding, elopement, love story, or family, I would love to hear from you!